(try #2) Prayer requests as we begin debrief this week

my email programme just told me that my 1st try to post this has failed..
and since I don't have internet access here to check... I will just send
this email post to make sure it is posted...

Greetings from Ghana! I sit here at the computer on Monday morning, very
aware that our team should all arrive back in Tamale in just a few days.
They are all scheduled to return on Thursday, when we will begin 15 days
together of attending GILLBT's annual general meeting, hearing guest
speakers and debriefing. Debrief is such an important part of our time
together; it's said that 85% of what participants learn on a short-term
missions experience happens at debrief! Without this bridge between life on
the field and life at home, the gains of the trip can be lost! We really
need/desire your prayer support during this time (July 21st-Aug 4th); not
only is this time significant, but it tends to be the hardest time of the
trip. Reasons for that include:

* Participants are tempted to begin "looking homeward" in their hearts and
minds, which can make it difficult to focus on being here and learning what
God is wanting to teach them while they are here.
* Everyone begins to get tired at this point in the trip.....and the joys of
living together begin to wear thin at times. (I noticed this happening with
me on the last day of Orientation; by then I was losing patience with a
couple of our participants behavior, and I had to keep praying for God to
enable me to grant grace when I really wanted to give it to them!)
* Because part of a team leaders responsibilities include observing everyone
so we can give them feedback on their trip experience, I (Shevawn) sometimes
find myself becoming too judgmental/critical....especially if I don't feel a
participant is making much progress. I need to have realistic
expectations.....and accept participants as they are (Romans 15:7) Please
pray that I will choose to be compassionate and gracious with our
participants, and that God will enable me to do it!
* I find travel to be stressful under normal conditions....and when we
travel with a team of 14, I find it to be very stressful! This year we will
spend four days traveling, as we will take the team to the Mole Game Reserve
before heading back to Accra. (All our accommodations are lined up (or were
lined up... but I just found out one night's accommodation has been
cancelled, so I need to work on that again;-) , but John is still working on
finalizing transportation, so we would appreciate your prayers that that
would come together; that God would provide the right driver and vehicle.)

Sooooo......there you have it! From here on out, our blog updates will
probably be pretty brief; we'll try to let you know when the team has all
arrived back safely, when we arrive in Accra, etc, etc. And of course,
we'll keep you up to date on any additional prayer requests.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS; WE REALLY NEED THEM AND APPRECIATE THEM SO
MUCH!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts