Prayer requests 6/28


I feel concern...chagrin...I'm not sure what else....concerning the DISCOVERY experience of our "final four" participants, Roma, Katya, Eunice & Edmond.  Between the communication issues we knew our Russian couple would be dealing with, the condensing of our 9 day orientation into 2 days and Roma & Katya not receiving some of the materials we had mailed them to read before they arrived I feel like we are sending them out less prepared than I would like.  There are   several things running in their favor; an experienced Bible translator from Switzerland will be there to help them settle in for the first day or two, the four participants show no hesitancy regarding getting into the culture and language learning and Eunice especially seems to be very helpful and mature; I have a feeling she will be the "Mother" of the group.  So I'm sure they will manage.....I'm only concerned that their experience will not be all I would hope for it to be.  

Also, Adelaide, called this morning and said that Heather is down with malaria, and Mike told us this morning that Mark is home with tummy troubles.  Again, there is good news; Solo had travelled with his supervisor this week, and the two of them are in the same area as Heather and Adelaide, so they are going to visit her as I write.   This year no one fell sick throughout orientation; now it seems is when they really need prayer support, as being sick out on your own is even more stressful than being sick when you are with the whole team.

Another health issue of concern;  three of our participants arrived this year taking the malaria prophylaxis we tell them they are not allowed to take because of the potential side effects that we are not equipped to deal with if they should occur.....Yet God in His goodness reminded me during my quiet time today that He is the one in charge of outcomes; we are not responsible for the results of the teams village experience or the health of our participants.  So we will do our best...pray...and trust him with the results!

Thanks for reading and praying!    In His love;  Shevawn

Comments

Popular Posts