A rainy day in Tamale


Today is the Annual General Meeting of the Ghana Institute of Linguistic, Literacy and Bible Translation and the team is busy attending and helping  the kitchen staff prepare food for a couple of hundred people....all except for me.   I am busy inventorying and packing up the items we store in Tamale each year.  It is very quiet here in our flat except for the rain....a good time to take a break and write a blog update.

Thanks, as always for your prayers.  All the baking got done, so we have plenty of food to take with us the four days we will travel when we leave Tamale and head for Accra.  John and Solo are still working on our transportation, so you can keep praying for that....but we have confirmed reservations at the Mole game reserve, so there's another prayer answered.

All of our team arrived in great shape, greeting each other in their various languages.  And there were some amazing stories!  I had to fight back tears as the most timid gal at the beginning of our trip told  us about her amazing adventures, exuding a new confidence in what Christ could do in and through her that was not there in June.   She not only thrived in her location, but had the privilege of leading her host "uncle" to the Lord!

Last night we had another first that was also very encouraging to us!  We like to invite guest speakers to address our group during debrief,  asking a variety of Ghanaian and Ex-pat missionaries to share their stories about how they got where they are and what they are doing now.  Yesterday, our guest speakers were DISCOVERY alumni who continue to work with GILLBT; Michael Searchie (2000) and Samuel Issah (2002).  Michael is the Project manager for a four language translation project in the Volta region; Samuel is our one and only Dagomba participant, who has worked in several projects as he progresses towards being a bible translator.  We felt like proud parents!

OK...I need to work on a couple of participant evaluations now , so I'll close.  But first, I'll ask you to please remember to pray for us as we travel (July 26-29).  Protection, good health for all while traveling, and for our vehicle holding up well (as we will be traveling over some fairly rough roads) are concerns every time we're on the road.  Also, I would appreciate your continued prayers for me for patience.  The night the team all arrived, I found myself being very angsty....why, I have no idea.....I didn't want to be that way and yet had such a hard time fighting it.  I've been praying and things are going much better, but would appreciate your prayers for me in this area as well.  That I would relax and breathe when things aren't going quite the way I think they should be going....when people aren't doing what we have asked them to do......

Thanks so much!  Will write again sometime after we arrive in Accra!

In His love;   Shevawn & John too!

In His service;

Shevawn

Comments

Popular Posts