November prayer update (better late than never!)


Sorry I forgot to post this before now, but here you go:

We're on Interstate 5, heading south of Seattle, Washington to Oregon City, Oregon as we head into the final days of our Partnership Development trip.  We have driven through a lot of rain, but it has all been worth it to be able to spend time with some of our partners in this ministry.   I am impressed again with how God has called people in so many different life situations and locations to pray with us, support us financially and love us; we are truly blessed.  

We have also been encouraged by the many e-mails and phone calls we have been receiving  from Discovery alumni seeking our help and encouragement as they continue down the paths that God is calling them to.   For example, we received this recently from a participant who was on our trip this summer:

Greetings mr. and mrs. Wumbe!
I trust that you are both well.  I have been meaning to email you for a while, but my mind has often seemed so scattered and confused that it never seemed like a good time.  Right now I am so excited I feel like I could sprout wings and fly.  Basically I have felt like I am going through a huge crisis with what to do with my life, particularly over the next few years.  Being in Ghana opened my eyes to the huge need for many types of ministries overseas.  I have been torn between going back to school and studying linguistics or heading to the mission field in the next year to do anything I could do with anybody that would take me......... So I am writing you to find out if you know anything about the Pan-Africa Christian College and particularly about its program in Bible translation.......  I have been torn between translation and many things over the last couple months, particularly an orphanage in Uganda, but this nagging voice keeps reminding me about the 2,600 languages without a Bible....... Please let me know what you think or if you know of anyone who is particularly informed about the ministry and academics of this college.  I miss you both and continue to pray for you.  Thank you for your time.
In His Grace,


This is what it's all about.....your partnership with us allows us to be able to encourage and guide young adults like Heather not only on our trips, but afterwards as well!

Here are some prayer requests for November:
  • For the participant who sent us this e-mail as she seeks God's direction about how she can best serve Him, and other Discovery alumni who are doing likewise.
  • For George, our team leader in South East Asia (the one we mentioned last spring has been diagnosed with Hepatitis C). who wrote us that the result of his recent  liver biopsy was bad and that he must begin to take the treatment, which, depending on the timing, could very possibly affect whether he and Doris can lead their Discovery trip in 2007.  Please pay for him, his family and their Dr's as they make difficult decisions regarding the treatment he will receive and the timing of the treatment.
  • We're still waiting for the approval for one of our trips we would like to offer in 2007.
  • Please continue to pray for funding for nationals on our trips and more Discovery staff.
  • Praise the Lord for a great PD trip and that Shevawn's eye infection has not come back.

One last story before I close: our car began giving us some intermittent trouble starting up after we left California, and finally refused to start at all after we gassed up in Renton. WA....which was a real blessing that it was there and not at a rest stop somewhere along the Interstate.   God guided us to some really nice and helpful mechanics and towing service; He took such great care of us!  Thanks for your prayers!

In His service;

John & Shevawn


Comments

Popular Posts