Safe arrival in Accra


Just a quick update to let everyone know that we did arrive safely in Accra last night after 14 1/2 hours on the road.  Our team was in pretty good health all round, and the trip was uneventful (which always makes me happy!)  Jessica still is not up to par, Maame Bomo also was not feeling so well, but Brittany is doing fine after she treated for malaria.

I would like to ask you to pray for me (Shevawn) as I started getting a cold while we were all at Mole Game Park, and today I have very little energy and quite a bit of chest congestion.   I need prayers for wisdom as to when to participate with the team and when to rest and let John and Michael bear my part of the leadership load.  Because Malaria parasites like to take advantage of times your immune system in down, it is pretty important that I not give in to the temptation to just push through and rest later.  Please also pray for Michael and John as their work load increases because of this.

Thanks so much for your prayers!

Shevawn

PS  I wrote this this morning....and now John has come to tell me that Maame Bomo, one of our Ghanaian participants, is down with malaria again so seriously that Michael is currently arranging to take her to the hospital and trying to call her family to come and send someone to help her.  So please pray for her!

Comments

Popular Posts