Meanwhile, back in HB

While the Diskies are busy out in their various assignments, I thought this might be a good time to update our readers on how things are back here in So Cal. It's been four weeks now since John left for Ghana, and while I miss him more and more each day, I have yet to experience loneliness. I am enjoying spending extra time with our daughter Leanna and son-in-law Mark, as well as finding many opportunities to love and serve others right here, where God has put me for this summer. I'm enjoying working on a few projects around the home and office while making progress at slowing down my pace of life just a bit.....yeah!

Health wise, I am now 18 weeks into the drug trial I am on and doing wonderfully. I have not experienced another MS episode since the first one that led to my diagnosis in December, and I have regained all the strength I had lost in my right arm during that time. I have had what I believe could be a couple of small side effects from the drug, but since it is a double blinded study, neither my Dr or I know if I am truly on the drug or not....however, nothing has caused significant discomfort or hindered me from living life as I am use to living it. I am truly thankful and grateful for that...but I will also be thankful and grateful for whatever comes my way tomorrow or the next day. I am very hopeful that next year I will be back in Ghana helping John to lead a Discovery team.

Thanks so much for all of your prayers for both John and I as well as the team. When I was talking with him today, we discovered that our prayer requests for each other were the same; that we would be fully present, seeing, loving and experiencing the people and blessings that God is bringing our ways each day while also being focused and wise enough to do the tasks that need to be done. I imagine we can...and should...pray the same for you!

In His love;

Shevawn

Comments

Popular Posts