2011 Discovery

The first Discoverer of 2011 is scheduled to travel to Africa for 2 months on January 5th.... but let me share part of the journey with you:  We received an application from Megan for a summer 2010 Discovery trip, but due to scheduling conflicts, she had to cancel.  Then in October of this year, just after we started advertising our 2011 trips, I received an email from Megan asking about potential late summer trip dates (that might fit into her schedule), because although she is considering a missions career, she is also currently pursuing her dream of singing professionally and is quite confident that God has her right where He wants her at the moment... so I wrote back suggesting she stay where God has placed her.  I also suggested she read "Wide Awake" by Erwin McManus, to encourage her to follow her God given dreams...  I wrote the following thinking I would not hear from her for a few years -if ever: "If and when God sends you on another mission (other than singing opera;-), I’d be quite pleased to help you find a next step into missions."
Well... less than a month later, after we posted an internship opportunity to be involved with music in Africa, guess who contacts me again?  Yes, and after an interview, she was accepted for this position! 
Please join us in prayer as she prepares for this mission trip in the midst of a busy schedule.  And pray for clarity to choose between 2 very different life paths!   

Comments

Popular Posts