An Extraordinary Policeman!



I met my new friend through another friend, who had met him after he had a traffic accident in Ghana.  After a very cordial greeting, the policeman put me on the phone with his wife:-)  We really had a nice conversation in his office, as he knew about our missions work in Ghana and I learned about his desire to be a light exactly where God had put him, similar to Queen Esther who had been put in a position to make a significant difference at a critical time.  
As we were leaving he asked me if I knew who had made an offering to Melchizedek.  We became prayer & ministry partners right there and then.  He wanted to give me something and I would pray for him, to which I agreed.  He mentioned he had many requests, but basically he wanted to bring his life under God's control to do God's will with his life.
I encouraged him that by this prayer, he was making himself available to God to go anywhere, to do anything, to be anything according to God's will... AND that this was THE most important qualification for his serving God.
So... yes, this Godly policeman of Ghana on our 1st in-person meeting (we were already FaceBook friends at this point) handed me an offering, a tithe for our ministry expenses.  I was quite surprised by this whole turn of events!
This now gives us 2 families in Ghana who are financial ministry partners with us.   We are so grateful to be able to serve the Lord and to not do it alone, but with a team of international partners who want to make a difference in the world as we recruit future Bible translators to reach the 200 million people still waiting for God's word in their own language.

 

Comments

Charlene Roberson said…
Wow, that's wonderful!!

Thank you for sharing this story - it was really encouraging and inspiring to read :D

I check your blog every day, and am really grateful for all that you do :)

I hope you both are doing well!
Thanks Charlene... we are well... just miss you guys! thanks for your blog feedback.

Popular Posts