Benin Team Leader


Over the years we have served in Ghana I met many amazing young men and women who work with our family of organizations in French speaking countries. The way it usually happened was over lunch in the GILLBT staff canteen. There would be a table with a couple people speaking French, and since I knew they were in Ghana for the purpose of learning English, I would invite myself to eat with them and introduce myself and suggest that this should now be an English speaking table:-) It was really great fun and as a result, I have many such friends to this day.  I met Jacques Wella in Tamale in 2002 when he was studying English. I was there with a Discovery team.  Jacques and I have kept in touch since then.  Then a few years later I received this news from Jacques:  "I am preparing myself to become a Wycliffe Benin missionary. I am among the first three missionaries in the history of our country."  Jacques has now been serving as a missionary in his own country for the past 7 years.  
Jacques is not new to Discovery, as he helped to host a small team in 2008 when we sent our first Ghanaian national Discoverer to a country outside Ghana as part of a tri-national team of 3 (Ghana, USA and Finland)!  
I am thankful for all the prayers for a co-leader for this team and for Gods provision of Jacques.  I look forward to working with him.  Please do pray for Jacques and his wife Yolande as they are quite busy these days with a full ministry load plus a masters study program along with all the planning that goes into hosting and leading a Discovery team.  




 

Comments

Popular Posts