New Countries part3

Just a few more photo moments of my recent west African trip to Sierra Leone, Liberia, Gambia and Senegal...

peaceful moments to pray in the Brussels airport 

view from our Sierra Leone meetings

a bridge in Liberia

Daniel was one of my travel companions, he is a Bible translation consultant from Nigeria

A lovely surprise during our Easter Saturday breakfast: a baptism in the lagoon

the church neighborhood in Liberia

what to drink when there's no Malta Guinness or Amstel Malta?

a NT in Senegal



I did not take the following 4 photos, but couldn't resist sharing them.  
They were in an airline magazine





I was at this hotel just enough days to sample all these African dishes except one 
(since I had Groundnut stew in the village, I skipped it here) 
food is always a travel highlight for me

Tasty Kidney bean stew at Monrovia airport

A very European style cold food dinner on Air Cote d Ivoire

Some beauty from a local market

Pepper & Vegetable seller


There are always so many more lovely sights that I don't feel comfortable getting my camera out for.  The Gambia has quite a beautiful airport and government buildings, but photos are not allowed.  Some other moments just pass by too fast to take a picture and some moments seem like I am invited into as a special guest and a camera would not be appropriate...



  

Comments

Popular Posts