Travel for Training

Recent travels for training, meetings and project visits. 


First set of photos from field coordinator training in Kenya

 

Training table members from South Sudan, Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana, Kenya and USA

A walking meeting with my supervisor in Kenya

All work and no play makes a dull boy

Iliya, Vivian and me

Nairobi is the only capital city we know of with a national park in its boundaries as pictured on our training manual... and yes, the view of giraffes with the Nairobi skyline in the background is a reality 

Walking meetings are my fav (with Michael from Nigeria)


The next photos are from advanced field coordinator training in Netherlands
Meeting with my supervisor

A nice reunion with Prosper who I first met in Benin

In Utrecht with field coordinator colleagues Ivan and Jennifer



the tangled web of training

Our training venue was Het Brandpunt in Doorn where our family spent many times of R&R and where we used to host re-entry debriefs with some Discovery teams 

My first day in Netherlands I rented a bicycle and rode to a nearby castle before our training started

On the ride to the castle I felt so happy, so blessed, so close to heaven...
riding bikes in the Netherlands is one of my favorite activities
and then on my way home, it started to rain and wouldn't stop... and 
as I got colder and wetter, I kept repeating to myself, "I don't like this"
I learned a lot about myself on that bike ride. 



The week before Netherlands, I was in Nigeria with Michael and his wife; we talked about our upcoming training in Kenya

What's a trip to Nigeria without "lights off"? 

The Nzem Berom festival occurred when I was in Nigeria. Our Bolt driver caught up to the riders so we could get a closer look!  Amazing! 

Some projects can't be publicized but visiting and praying in person is wonderful. 

Many project meetings were in this lovely outdoor hut  


Ishaku is the project advisor for the ut-Ma'in Bible translation project.
He has a lovely family and his wife makes the best jollof rice in Nigeria   



some of the Alis i Ron team... during our project planning meetings there was a great hail storm 



And finally... I don't have a photo of everyone from Ghana & Nigeria in Kenya... 
 this is almost everyone (except Bridget) with two Kenyan colleagues. 


Comments

Geoff said…
Haha, that bike ride was a lot like life in general, wasn’t it? Made me chuckle to imagine your return trip, muttering “I don’t like this.”

Popular Posts