South Asia Tapestry Discovery trip
|We enjoyed meeting Jason in person last January|
This summer John will be heading to a new continent on a Discovery trip that will vary in many ways from what he has previously experienced. He will be assisting/training our colleague Elizabeth as she leads her first team consisting of six ladies (one Brazilian and five American) and her husband Jason. This team will be together the entire five weeks of their trip as they observe and participate in several steps of the Bible translation process in multiple communities; the other trips John and Shevawn have led have sent participants out on their own to different locations for much of their internship. These participants will traverse the country together while gaining perspectives on Bible storytelling, written-translation, survey work, literacy, and education.
During their trip the Discoverers hope to experience:
· Opportunities to learn some of the local language
· Connections with national leaders and partner organizations of Wycliffe
· Working alongside national translators
· A growing appreciation for each phase of a translation project
· Traveling by train from location to location within a country in South Asia.
· Being able to serve at each location in a specific way.
· For John as the training leader of the South Asia Discovery team; for wisdom, “people energy”, times of refreshment and rest as needed as well as peace in the midst of constant change and challenges.
· For the other Discoverers and their leaders in South East Asia, Brazil, Indonesia, Romania and Papua New Guinea. Please pray that although the number of Discoverers are fewer than usual this summer, that many of them will go on to further involvement with Bible Translation.
· For Shevawn as she holds down the fort both in the office and at home